Pages

Saturday 8 July 2017

Winter Learning Journey ( Activity 1 day 1 )

Today I have started doing the Winter Learning Journey. Today I started off with some activities. The first activities was to read facts about New Zealand and write down three interesting fact that I found. One of the facts I found interesting was how Maori people greet each other. Did you know that hongi is the greeting name of Maori. The second fact was that Rugby is the national sport of New Zealand. I did not know that hiking, camping, fishing, bush and beach walk are the most popular things that New Zealand people like to do.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sa Kae and welcome to the Winter Learning Journey programme. I am thrilled that you have joined us this year!!

    I hope that you enjoyed learning a bit more about New Zealand. It's interesting to read that the formal name for a Maori greeting is a 'hongi.' Was that news new to you? I have a son named Aronui who is half Maori and he often teaches me new and interesting phrases. I hope that I can become more fluent in Te Reo Maori over the next few years...

    I also hope that you will continue to post your great blogs and to share your learning with us over the break. I can see that you've been really busy already. Way to go! I love it!

    Cheers,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel, I am happy that I take part in the Winter Learning Journey programme. It was new to me because I didn't the named. I am sure that I will be continue doing the Winter Learning Journey programme.

      Sa Kae

      Delete
  2. Hi Sa Kae
    Great job on your first winter learning journey activity. I didn't know most of the things you said in your blog post. Keep up the good work.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sa Kea,
    Well done on your first winter learning journey activity. Great Job!
    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sa Kae. Great blogpost. The facts you have included are interesting. I think this is a great first Winter Learning Journey activity blogpost. Keep on working hard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sa Kae it is awesome to see that you have already started completing activities for the Winter Learning Journey. You have found some really interesting facts about New Zealand. You are doing an outstanding job so keep on going. I can't wait to see some more activities on your blog. Well done.

    ReplyDelete